Wednesday, April 9, 2014

DIY Project: Painted Canvas Floorcloth By: Grace Bonney

DesignSponge DIY Floor Cloth

This spring I decided to tackle the dingy entryway of our 1910 row house in Brooklyn. As you can see, the floors are covered in what I would call “Band-Aid beige” tile. Ugh! While I would love to replace it at some point, that just wasn’t in the budget.


detail shot

My solution came in the form of floorcloths: painted canvas floor coverings. If you’ve never heard of them, they are essentially super-durable paintings for your floor. You can buy pre-painted ones, but naturally I was attracted to the unpainted ones. You can even order them in custom shapes and sizes. I used several blank cloths placed together to form an L-shape so that they covered my entryway floor completely. I then used a geometric-patterned stencil to create the look of patterned cement tiles. Keep reading for all the details about making one of your own! -Megan


Photos by Lesley Unruh and Daniel Hakansson


DesignSponge DIY Floor Cloth DesignSponge DIY Floor Cloth FLOOR-CLOTH-COVER_ING DesignSponge DIY Floor Cloth FLOOR-CLOTH-COVER_STEP_4

Click through for the full how-to after the jump


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/PSewsN From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment