Monday, December 9, 2013

Expedit bar table By: Johan Gustafsson

20131128_163617


I wanted a bar / small dining room table in my livingroom. Since I’ve been using a lot of Expedit and Linnmon stuff in the rest of my apartment I decided to keep on using those.

Stuff you’ll need:

Expedit “2×4″

Linnmon 120cm x 60cm

Glasholm 148cm x 73cm

Capita legs 8cm (2 pack, 8legs total)

Screws

Glue (needs to glue metal and plastc together)

(Additional: metalpipe and casters made for hanging metalpipe in wardrobe)


Namnlös


1: Put the Expedit together and place it on the floor (the “backside” facing up”) make sure the shelf is square and lay the glasholm on top… make sure its centered and screw it tight to the shelf with screws (i found screws for made for metal roofing with big metal washers coated with rubber) I used 8 on the longer side and 4 on the shorter sides.

2: Attach the legs on the bottom side (I only used 4, one in each corner… maybe it’s good to attach another pair in the middle if the shelf is going to contain a lot of heavy stuff) make sure to be at least 2 to lift the shelf up and place it on its feet (since you have to lift it up so you don’t brake the legs)

3: Measure where the tabletop is going to be placed. Since the Linmon is 60cm wide and the Expedit is 39cm wide I wanted it to be placed so equal amount of the tabletop is placed on side of the shelf (see picture). Screw legs on bottom of tabletop… one of the Capita legs need to be secured to the shelf (see picture). So take out the black plastic part at the bottom of the leg, glue and screw to the shelf then add glue and press together with the legs attached to the tabletop (the other 3 legs I only used double sided tape to secure)


I found metalpipe and casters to hang those in the roof of a wardrobe at my hardwarestore… used these to create a place to have feets on when sitting down.







via IKEA Hackers http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Ikeahacker/~3/l1qH4Y66w-I/expedit-bar-table-3.html From Johan Gustafsson

No comments:

Post a Comment