Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hacking a sad white EXPEDIT with PALLETS! By: Jules Yap




Materials: EXPEDIT and DIODER



Description: Hey guys! Here's my latest work, the base is (again) a sad white IKEA's Expedit cabinet hacked with pallets.



I've suspended it, drilled and cut in different points to hide wires and added a colored IKEA's LED stripe to get an even cooler look!



Due to its irregular surface to keep it clean I've topped it with a 6 mm thick laser cut PVC cover sheet that works just fine for what I had in my mind, it shows perfectly what's below it and add value to its shades.











I've had so much fun with this project beside the boring part of dismantling and cleaning the pallets from which it's made of ;-)



HAVE FUN!



Riccardo Tamiazzo from Italy



~ Riccardo Tamiazzo, Padova, Italy






via IKEA Hackers http://www.ikeahackers.net/2013/08/hacking-sad-white-expedit-with-pallets.html From Jules Yap

No comments:

Post a Comment