Monday, April 27, 2015

The 2015 Obama China Reveal (DS Goes to Washington) By: Grace Bonney

The 2015 Obama China Reveal (DS Goes to Washington)

Last Tuesday I was going through my email when I noticed one that stood out. The subject line was “Invitation to the White House“. I clicked on it, expecting it to be fake, but to my complete and utter shock (and joy), it was a real invitation. So two days later, I left our house around 6am to hop on a bus and then train to Washington, D.C.

Growing up in Virginia, I’ve spent many a summer and school field trip walking around outside the White House, but to be invited inside- and to meet Michelle Obama- was nothing short of one of the greatest honors of my personal and professional life.

Along with five other bloggers, photographers and writers from the home/lifestyle community, I spent Thursday afternoon getting a tour of the White House kitchen, garden and family dining room, finishing up with an amazing hour in the official china room, where we met with White House Curator Bill Allman (more on this incredible man later) and Michelle Obama to get the very first preview of the official Obama State China Service. We got to preview this new collection before the main press, which was a huge honor, but just being there in such a beautiful place surrounded by such inspiring people will be something I will never, ever forget.

Read on to see the Obama State China Service and peek inside the White House interior and gardens…










via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1EJfmA8 From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment