Thursday, April 30, 2015

Home Ec: 10 Healthy Meals From Your Garden By: Grace Bonney

Home Ec: 10 Healthy Meals From Your Garden

Earlier this month, I wrote about the things that scare me most, and one of them related to the way my image (weight, dress, etc.) could negatively affect my business. I thought long and hard about being open with that fear, because it’s one that I still struggle with on a pretty deep level. But since we’ve been upstate, I’ve been better about trying to get outside more, walk more and eat healthier food in way that lets me feel good about myself, no matter what the scale says. Those healthy decisions to hike before I open my laptop or eat veggies instead of yet another processed something-bar for lunch have had a really positive effect on my mood and overall well-being lately.

So for today’s Home Ec I thought I’d share some healthy recipes that are not only good for keeping you and your family feeling good inside, but that are based around things you can grow in your own (or find from a local) garden. Even if you don’t have space or time for a garden, these recipes will hopefully inspire meals based around veggies that are both filling and easy to find at most grocery stories or farm stands. xo, grace

unnamed

This post and the Home Ec section are brought to you by Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day. Visit the Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Home-Grown Inspiration section featuring 20 DIYs, including seven from Design*Sponge!










via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1bi8Wu0 From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment