Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pappis goes for PAPer archIveS By: Jerry

ikea_hack_3


Materials: PAPPIS, adhesive paper


A long time ago I did a hack for filing my 43 suspension folders.


I needed more and more to go into these files, so got tired (or older?) to lift the ‘heavy’ lid each time. I looked for several options to find a new system but they were either too expensive or too …rough office-like.


Then my eyes caught an old Pappis box and I gave it a try to do something with it.

I’m surprised by the result and how sturdy it is: I really expected it to be a temporary solution but… it will last a lot more time than I initially thought. The result is not ugly on your shelf and you can customise it the way you wish!


ikea_hack_1

ikea_hack_2

ikea_hack_3


As I’m sure some questions will pop up the hanging files themselves and their size because I myself had a looooot when looking at solution:

- I used these ones (Esselte Pendaflex): simple but I have them for …at least 15 years and they are still in good shape.

- I was also surprised I could fit all my A4 papers of course, but also enveloppes and wide plastic files for instance. this was a bonus as I thought I might have needed to reorganise the existing files


Jerry, BE







via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/1qPYjBI From Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment