Monday, April 14, 2014

Learning The History Behind Design Trends By: Grace Bonney

AMY_TALK

One of the best parts of my job is getting to work with not one but two co-workers who have degrees in the History of Decorative Arts and Design. While I love and value my printmaking degree, I am always in awe of how much information and education Amy and Max can contribute to any design conversation we have. Amy has been teaching me about the history behind my favorite design objects for as long as I’ve known her, and this week she’ll be sharing her expertise at The New York School of Interior Design. From indigo and flocked wallpaper to the history of significance of the color black, Amy will be examining modern examples of historical design trends and their significance throughout history. I can speak from experience when I say this is a talk worth seeing. Amy’s passion for the fascinating history behind even the most everyday design objects is inspiring and any design fan will walk away feeling invigorated to investigate the stories behind their favorite design trends. Details are below, hope to see you there! xo, grace


Where: NYSID Auditorium, 170 East 70th Street, NYC.

When: Wednesday, April 16, 6:30pm

Register: here $12

General Admission $10

Seniors and Non-NYSID Students $12


AMYQUOTES




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1eEto3T From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment