Monday, April 14, 2014

35 Ways to Decorate with Mirrors By: Grace Bonney

DESIGNSPONGEMIRRORS

The last few years of my life have been about a slow and gradual process of winnowing down the things I have in my home to only the most special, necessary and functional. Much like cutting my hair, I’ve always felt the stripping away of anything extra is one of the most liberating feelings. Not only do you get to give new homes and new lives to objects you once loved or needed (which you can even do with your hair), but you get to create a space that is free of distraction and clutter. For me, those sorts of spaces are always the most calming and comforting when you come home from a long day of work.


One of the few categories of objects I hold on to most strongly are mirrors. Not because of their ability to protect me from leaving the house with something in my teeth (although that is definitely a plus), but because of their ability to tell a story. Looking into an old mirror always begs the question of who looked in that same surface years, decades or even centuries ago. I am always on the hunt for beautiful old mirrors, small or large, so that hunt inspired last month’s hashtag challenge: #DSMIRRORS. After sifting through hundreds of entries, it was clear that this challenge was personal for all of you, too. I loved reading some of the details and captions behind these entries – from family heirlooms to mirrors that captured a special moment in someone’s day. Thanks so much to everyone who shared these photos with us. xo, grace


Click through for all 35 mirrors after the jump…


abcrepeau admgolub ameninspireddesign arlocations carolyn_cho_dupe carolyn_cho_dupe2 carolyn_cho chloeberk dailysomething duckeggblueblog eastashleystudio emilyjanegood erinpauls hunterjonesvntg mybestfriendcraig_dupe

(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1iNM8QR From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment