Thursday, February 12, 2015

Rebecca Bartoshesky By: Grace Bonney

Rebecca Bartoshesky at Design*Sponge

When I think of Jello, I think of wobbly little letters that would sometimes be a part of my school lunches or after-school parties. I only liked one color/flavor growing up- red- and would beg my mom to make me the tiny cut out letter versions almost every day. She would typically make a big bowl of Jello, but I always wanted to cut it up into smaller pieces to make things, like the advertisements would always suggest. My mom of course preferred that food stay in the bowl, so I never got to experiment with building anything, but when I saw these photos by prop and interior stylist Rebecca Bartoshesky it took me right to those days at the kitchen counter.


Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 12.33.15 PM

Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 12.33.07 PM

Julia turned me on to Rebecca’s work and in particular, this incredible series of photos that use colorful Jello as the star. Using different colors and clean-cut shapes, Rebecca turns humble flavored gelatin into minimalist works of art that feel like what Mondrian would do if someone told him to play with his food. I was so smitten with these pieces I couldn’t resist sharing them here this morning. I love any time design and food can intersect creatively and these pieces are a wonderful example of how something so simple can turn into something so stunning with the right eye to guide them. Click here to check out more of Rebecca’s work online. xo, grace




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1ypPEXP From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment