Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Billy Bookcase for Stairs Landing By: Jonathan McKie

Billy Bookcase for Stairs Landing


Materials: 3 x BILLY bookcases


At the top of my stairs landing I had a little bit of space where I wanted to put a bookcase. I bought a couple of small Billy units but they were too high for the space and just didn’t look right.


Billy Bookcase for Stairs Landing


I cut the height down of the 3 bookcase to match the height of the stair rail and reduced the width of the middle unit to fit the space.


pic 3


pic 4


I also had to cut the side of the unit to fit against the profile of the stair upright.


Obviously when cutting the sides of the unit the top of the sides were unfinished so I bought a top from the local diy shop to fit on top.


pic 6


Although it has a built in look it is all freestanding and can be removed easily to return the landing to how it was.


All that is left to do is finish the board on the top of the units. On the back of the units I placed a board across the spindles so it just looks blocked in.


The post Billy Bookcase for Stairs Landing appeared first on IKEA Hackers.







via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/1CQw6U2 From Jonathan McKie

No comments:

Post a Comment