Friday, February 13, 2015

IKEA BILLY Bookcase to slim wine rack By: JesseJP

IKEA BILLY wine rack


Materials: Billy Bookcase 15 3/4″ by 79 1/2″ white


I had an opening of about 6″ in width between my IKEA pantry cabinet and my wall. I took a 15″ wide white Billy Bookcase and cut the back, top, bottom and shelves to fit into the opening. Since the opening was only about 6″ wide, I was able to make two shelves out of each 15″ shelf, this gave me a total of 11 shelves for wine bottles and wine glasses. I screwed the now narrow shelf into place (through the pantry), finished the areas above and below the shelf, and caulked the entire frame, which gave it a finished look.


The post IKEA BILLY Bookcase to slim wine rack appeared first on IKEA Hackers.







via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/1E7inW8 From JesseJP

No comments:

Post a Comment