Monday, July 13, 2015

BH&G Fun DIY Pallet Projects From BHG Guest Blogger

Today's Inspiration comes from Better Homes and Garden's Style Spotters BHG Guest Blogger.

Hello, I am Aniko from Place Of My Taste. I am so thrilled to be here today to show you some really fun pallet projects as they are so in style and allow you to create a designer look within a budget. I hope these ideas will inspire you to go pick up some shipping pallets and create your own furniture. I will start the list off with our own creation. This fabulous and colorful outdoor space that we tackled last summer was featured in BHG magazine’s latest issue so you may have seen it already.

We created this fun outdoor room on a standard 10′ x 10′ deck. Previously we had a table with four chairs out here and it was OK, but can I be honest? We did not spend nearly as much time outside as we do now, since our cozy and inviting outdoor room came to life. The picture below shows you what the deck looked like before: plain and nothing exciting.

We have access to shipping pallets from our business, and that’s where the idea of recycling those pallets came from. We decided to build an L-shaped sectional into the corner of the deck, which is my favorite piece. It serves as a chaise lounge and couch.

We also built this nice coffee table out of pallets. We wanted to keep the umbrella as our patio gets lots of sunshine during the day, so we cut a hole in the middle of the table for the umbrella. It goes right into the umbrella stand that is hidden under the table.

Another really cool part of the deck is this fun flower hanger, featured below. It is just a single pallet that is leaning up against the railing. Sometimes the simplest ideas make the biggest impact.

Styling the deck was my favorite part of the project. I sewed pillowcases and a foam cover to finish up this cheery, colorful outdoor space.

Just recently we added some fun string lights to the deck, which added an extra cozy look to the already fabulous deck. Our family spends lots of time out here. It’s the perfect little paradise for those breezy summer nights.

I think pallets are easy to work with and the creativity with them is endless.
Here are some of my other favorite outdoor projects made out of pallets to get you inspired.
Look at this fun swing bed. Could you imagine laying on there and reading for hours? I totally could.
I love this DIY potting station. Fabulous.
You could also make this easy patio day bed using pallets.
And how abut this fantastic paradise? The colors are so fun and well-organized.
I hope you got inspired to get your hands on some shipping pallets and build something fabulous.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment