Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Wreath Recipe Book + Pear Garland How-To By: Grace Bonney

204_Rosemary-(Pear)-Garland

Last year the talented women of Studio Choo knocked my socks off with an incredible book on floral design called The Flower Recipe Book. They produced so many beautiful arrangements for their first book that I don’t know how they found the time to produce another, but they did! Last month they published their second book, The Wreath Recipe Book, full of 100 wreath, centerpiece and creative natural decoration “recipes.” I’m consistently impressed with their dedication to modern floral design and I love the way they work in unexpected plants, flowers and branches. They make me want to grab all of the branches and leaves I see on my walk home and turn them into something special for the table.


COVER

Wreaths, garland and swags often get lumped into holiday decor (when they do, of course, look wonderful on a front door), but they can have life spans throughout the year. Alethea and Jill of Studio Choo decided to organize their book by season, with plenty of projects you can create in the spring and summer, not just in winter “holiday” months. I’m excited to try some of their magnolia and rosemary wreaths, but I was especially drawn to their projects that incorporate fruit. Growing up near, and eventually attending college in, Colonial Williamsburg, meant that every year I got to see beautiful historic homes decorated with fresh fruit wreaths and swag. That look is near and dear to my heart, so I’m so happy to share a beautiful Pear Garland project from Alethea and Jill’s book today. Thanks so much to Studio Choo for sharing this with us – click here to check out their book and order online. xo, grace


*You can also check out Studio Choo’s archived column on Design*Sponge, We Like It Wild.


Click here for the full project after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1Gps1X3 From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment