Thursday, November 6, 2014

Embroidered Laundry Basket By: Ylva Lindberg

ikea_hack


Materials: FYLLEN Laundry baskets


It is practical to have several different laundry baskets for different type of laundry. We have two different for warm (40°C) and hot (60°C) laundry. I tried to mark the baskets with taping paper signs on them but the tape didn’t stick and the signs fell of. Instead I decided to embroidered them with cross stitch. You can of cause do any pattern.


I used this pattern for the numbers and normal embroidery DMC thread, all six strands. I made each number about 10 cm high, that is 12 threads in each cross. To fasten the embroidery thread I made a small knot around one of the stitches on the back side.







via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/1x9To1Z From Ylva Lindberg

No comments:

Post a Comment