Wednesday, September 3, 2014

DIY Tassel Curtain Tie Backs By: Grace Bonney

ForTheMakers__tieback_hero_6

I spent the last week soaking up the final days of summer in my hometown of Virginia Beach, Virginia. If there’s one thing I learned in addition to how nice it is to start every mroning at the beach, it’s that I really need to get some window shades going in our home. My parents have really nice blackout shades, so Julia, Hope and I slept better than we have in a long time. Our apartment in Brooklyn is on the top floor of our building, so we don’t need shades for privacy, but rising with the sun every morning does make sleeping in a little difficult. So I’ve been looking for a way to integrate curtains that won’t overwhelm our space. We don’t have a lot of room for huge curtain hooks either, so I’ve been toying with the idea of making my own. Thankfully Janet and her team at For the Makers helped us out with a quick, simple and affordable DIY curtain tieback solution that you can whip up during a quick 30-minute episode of your favorite TV show. All you need are some colorful beads, string, leather cord and you’re good to go. Hopefully these will help you ensure you wake up and let the sun in only when you’re ready to start the day. Thanks, Janet!


ForTheMakers__tieback_3 ForTheMakers__tieback_8 ForTheMakers__tieback_5 ForTheMakers__tieback_11 ForTheMakers__tieback_hero_6

Click through for the full how-to after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1A6moa8 From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment