Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Day In The Life of BKB Ceramics By: Grace Bonney

bkb

Of all of the ceramicists I follow on Instagram (and I follow a lot) Brian Bosworth of BKB Ceramics is one of my all-time favorites. Not only is his work beautiful, but it highlights the aspect of ceramics I love most: texture. His simple organic forms are often decorated with geometric patterns, in both colorful and neutral glazes. My personal favorites are his designs that resemble thick pieces of cut felt (at least that’s what they remind me of)- they have the sort of uncomplicated form I love, but with enough texture and interest to make truly special and strong enough to stand alone without a plant to showcase. I always love getting to look inside the day to day life of any maker that focuses so much on hand-crafted work, so it was especially exciting to hear from Brian and see what an average day in his Joshua Tree, California studio is like. What struck me most about his day was how much time he spends with his beautiful family and how often they get outside to find inspiration in nature. It’s my ultimate goal in life to have a balance of indoors/outdoors like that and it is so much fun to see what this west coast version is like. Thanks, Brian! xo, grace


*Click here to check out Brian’s shop online.


photo10

photo 6


photo 16 photo1 photo 6 photo 7 photo 8 photo15 photo10 photo 9 photo 11 photo 13

Click through for the full post after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1xS77uf From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment