Monday, October 20, 2014

DIY Project: Malachite Pumpkins by Hank and Hunt By: Grace Bonney

DIY Malachite Pumpkin by Jenny Batt of Hank & Hunt for Design*Sponge

[*For the next two weeks we'll be sharing great DIY pumpkin decorating ideas from some of our favorite bloggers. Thanks so much to Jenny for kicking things off in style! xo, grace]


This summer I redecorated my living room with a Palm Beach-meets-Seattle vibe, but and I still wanted to decorate for fall. Bright orange pumpkins always pop in a room, but not necessarily in a good way. So when Grace invited me to partake in her D*S Pumpkin Project, I instantly knew what I was going to do: malachite pumpkins! I’ve been faux malachite painting with watercolors for fun lately and adore anything in deep green. So I drew my inspiration from the naturally luxe shades of stone and decided to give my pumpkins a little makeover. This may seem hard, especially for those new to painting, but I assure you, if you can twirl a paintbrush in an uneven circle (the wigglier the better) you can make these chic versions of pumpkins! -Jenny Batt of Hank & Hunt


1 supplies 2 paint first layer DIY Malachite Pumpkin by Jenny Batt of Hank & Hunt for Design*Sponge 4 paint second layer malachite pumpkin diy 3

Click through for the full how-to after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1vVXRXO From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment