Friday, October 24, 2014

DIY Project: Copper Snakes Pumpkin By Liz Libre By: Grace Bonney

LizLibre_pumpkin7

I’ve been reading Halloween books to my four-year-old son before bed and all the same kinds of spooky things are mentioned: bats, mummies, skeletons, owls (are they really spooky?), witches. I realized I would use this project to paint something that really spooks me: snakes! Snakes totally freak me out, but if you forget the whole poisonous venom thing, the body of the snake and the patterns on their skin are actually quite beautiful. I really liked that contrast, so I decided I’d make a “spooky” but beautiful pumpkin. I hope this will inspire you to try some metallic painting on your pumpkins this year! -Liz Libre of Linda & Harriett


LizLibre_pumpkin6


Click through for tips on replicating this look after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/designspongeonline/njjl/~3/6AQ2CGBaf8E/story01.htm From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment