Friday, August 29, 2014

Delicious Non-Alcoholic Drinks By: Grace Bonney

alcohol_free_drinks

Earlier this year I decided to stop drinking. I was never much of a drinker in the first place, but after seeing an allergist I realized that all the things I felt when I drank even the tiniest bit of something alcoholic were signs of an alcohol intolerance. Nothing was severe enough to send me to the emergency room, but every time I had the occasional beer, my nose would immediately stuff up, my throat would start itching and my skin would get flushed so much that I felt like something was wrong with me. It turns out there was something wrong and that, shockingly, this wasn’t something that everyone else was feeling. So I decided to cut it out of my life and haven’t looked back since. That said, I still enjoy the act of having a festive “drink” when I’m out with friends celebrating something. So instead of drinking what everyone else is having, I have learned to ask bartenders about mocktails or anything they can make easily without adding alcohol. Those requests have led to some of the most delicious drinks I’ve ever had (the blood orange mocktail at Lola in Cleveland is amazing), so I decided to share some of my favorite non-alcoholic drink recipes for anyone looking to mix up something special for end-of-the-summer celebrations. Served in a punch bowl, these can be great drinks for anyone at a party (including younger guests) but you can easily dress them up in a fancy coupe with a garnish for older guests who want something that looks a little more sophisticated. I hope you’ll enjoy these drinks as much as I do! xo, grace


Image above: Chelsea Fuss’ Elderflower Drink is as summery as it gets. The post includes a version you can add alcohol to, but it is not required for the recipe.


pandhsoda4b 506b3a7674c5b64afe0014a7._w.540_h.520_s.fit_ 506b0004fb04d60a590013d1._w.540_h.815_s.fit_ strawberries5 AS-Almond-Joy-3

Click through for all of my favorite mocktails after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1n3Pq4k From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment