Monday, April 7, 2014

Cat proofing a floor lamp By: Barry

Traveler Digital Camera


Materials: A picture frame, an IKEA kitchen cabinet, cat door flap and a piece of wood, NOT floor lamp


I could not stop my cat from knocking over a floor lamp. Having already hacked a kitchen cabinet with a cat door flap and a picture on the side (cat sleeping area). I drilled a hole through the top and inserted the floor lamp and reattached the base plate to fit on the cabinet floor. I then ran the two lamp cables through the hole in the top and out the back. Armored the cables with IKEA cable protectors. I used a connector box on the rear and one power on/off switch on the rear to kill power to the lamp when not needed.


Traveler Digital Camera Traveler Digital Camera Traveler Digital Camera Traveler Digital Camera Traveler Digital Camera






via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/1lLK6pR From Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment