Thursday, April 10, 2014

30 Reasons To Love Red, Pink, Orange + Yellow By: Grace Bonney

DesignSponge Pink and Red #dscolor

I’m a bit of a broken record when it comes to my love of Instagram these days, but it’s true: interacting with the creative community on Instagram has brought me back to life and inspired me more than anything else in the past few years. From discovering new artists and designers to finding beautiful new homes to feature, I can barely tear myself away from refreshing my feed to see who will pop up next and inspire me to make/try/write something new. One of my favorite things to do lately is create hashtag challenges for DS readers (and our team) to share photos online based around a common theme like artwork, rugs, old homes, healthy living, and beauty found on daily walks. Last month we announced our #DSCOLOR challenge and now it’s time to share our favorites.


emilyjanegood kenyastabler jackiegreaney flowersofvisalia ekuni_mai_dupe_3 caroline_odonnell_dupe inwardfacinggirl denai_jones designbreak ekuni_mai_dupe_2 yyaann brightbazaar unfounddoor theweaverhouse thepaulrudolph_dupe_4 thepaulrudolph thepaulrudolph_dupe thepaulrudolph_dupe_3 studiodeseo sixblooms

After looking through over 3,500 entries on social media alone (we also received submissions via email – thank you to everyone who emailed!), I was overwhelmed with all of the incredible examples of color in people’s daily lives. From flowers and paint to paper goods and clothing, these pictures are bursting with inspiration for interiors. There were so many favorites, in fact, that we decided to break them up into three posts representing both ends of the color spectrum, as well as multi-color pictures that have a little bit of everything. Today I’m starting with RED, PINK, ORANGE AND YELLOW . Thank you so much to everyone who shared their photos with us! xo, grace


*Stay tuned for blue/green/purple tomorrow as well as beautiful multi-color entries!


Click through for all 30 photos after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1k9tK87 From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment