Tuesday, March 3, 2015

STUVA Desk Hack with faux concrete tabletop By: Jill

stuva desk hack


Materials: STUVA cabinets and legs, doors


We just added a little over 300 square feet to our house, which included a home office! We needed to furnish the room, and I loved the idea of a wall to wall desk. Finding an affordable option was difficult though. I’ve always loved the modern look of the STUVA cabinets, and I love that they are meant for kids (which means they are sturdy and have hinges great for little fingers!) I thought they’d look perfect in my modern/industrial looking office space!


I bought three STUVA base cabinets with doors and the 12 IKEA legs for the base. I assembled the pieces as Ikea suggested. The only difference was that I used the white legs with the grey bases that came with the cabinets, rather than the colored bases that came with the legs. Then I made a faux concrete tabletop to place a top it.


I started with a 3/4 inch 8 ft board of plywood that I had the hardware store cut it so that it was 21.5 inches deep. I used a jigsaw to cut out holes for cords. Then I used feather finish to cover the plywood, giving it a concrete tabletop look. I placed it atop the STUVA bases.


small desk2


For more details and pictures, you can can see my step by step on my blog here.


The post STUVA Desk Hack with faux concrete tabletop appeared first on IKEA Hackers.







via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/18J2onL From Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment