Monday, January 5, 2015

Bench cushion cover made from IKEA Signe rugs By: doortje

bench


Materials: Minna fabricX Signe cotton rugs


What I did was:

- cut off the shorter, knotted edges of the rugs, and then zigzagged them to prevent fraying.

- then I sewed two rugs together, pressed and steamed the seam and then strengthened the seams with topstitching.

- I used IKEA’s sturdier cotton ‘Minna’ fabric for the back with an overlapping seam and simple velcro closure.

- I kept the length of the rugs and folded under, so it looks good from the sides too! (= therefore the fabric of the back is shorter than the front)

- For the stuffing I simply recycled the old mattresses (complete with cover and all) and made the new cover a bit smaller (both in length and width) for a nice, firm look.







via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/17dN6Xg From doortje

No comments:

Post a Comment