Thursday, August 7, 2014

After the Jump: Turning Fear Into the Courage to Ask for What You Really Want By: Grace Bonney

afterthejump-2

This week’s radio show got to the heart of something I think about a lot: fear. For me, fear is both a huge obstacle and motivator. There are days when I’m able to feel that familiar terror creep in and remember to run through it to the other side and days when I crumble and let it just sink in a bit longer. But lately I’ve been fed up with the crumbling and want to spend more time using that nervous or scared energy to push through to new skills, experiences and opportunities, rather than letting it sideline me again. So today I asked one of the bravest women I know, my wife, to join me on air to discuss the ways in which anyone can learn to face fears, push past them and use them to discover the things you really want in life.


In addition to sharing personal stories of fear, success and failure, we break down the simple steps that anyone can use to push past scary moments. The overview? You need to acknowledge and envision your worst fears, talk them through, assess the cost of not trying something scary and imagine yourself being able to achieve at least the first step toward your bigger goals. We’ll break down the process in easy-to-digest steps on air, so I hope you’ll join us for the conversation. And I’d love to hear your stories of running toward the things that are scary and making that leap to the other side. Whether you fell and learned a lesson or managed to jump and land on your feet, your stories are helpful to everyone reading here. Thanks so much to Julia for joining me on air and to all of you for listening. xo, grace


[If you'd like to check out past After the Jump episodes, click here to check out all 83 episodes]


-2

-1




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1sAHbkw From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment