Wednesday, August 20, 2014

10 Easy DIYs for Summer Break By: Grace Bonney

10_easy_diy_projects

Every year at Design*Sponge we take a weeklong break from the office to relax and be with friends and family, so I’ve been thinking about what I want to get done during my break. I have a million work projects I should be doing, but I think my mind and body would appreciate if I took some time to cook, garden and make things instead. I’ve got a list of recipes I’m dying to try, but I wanted to round up some DIY projects that I knew would be quick and easy enough for everyone to do, even on the laziest summer day. So I gathered my favorites here and I hope they’ll inspire you to make something during the last dog days of summer. No complicated templates to follow, just 10 great ways to avoid the summer heat and too much TV time. Have fun! xo, grace


*Image above: our favorite cat toy ever! A simple DIY scratching post that uses inexpensive rope to lure frisky felines away from your furniture.


designsponge-diy-abbey-hendrickson-embroiderydoor-intro ds_diy_rope_lamp_cover_intro sm_envelopecase_1 ds_7_18_diy_pompandcircumstance_lamp_1 designsponge-diy-stripedpillow-intro

Click through for all 10 projects after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/designspongeonline/njjl/~3/gZeqBv3pHQw/story01.htm From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment