Wednesday, July 30, 2014

DIY Marbled Coasters By: Grace Bonney

DIY Marbled Coasters by For the Makers for Design*Sponge

I’ve never been someone who was very precious with their things. I like to save up and buy things for my home that mean something to me and have stories behind them, but I also believe that objects were meant to be used and lived in, so stains and little scratches aren’t my biggest concern. That said, I do like to protect high-quality pieces when there’s a big chance of major damage, like during a party or event when a high volume of people will be using something. Tablecloths and coasters can be your best friends when you want to protect your surfaces from heavy traffic, so today we’re sharing a beautiful (but surprisingly easy) DIY coaster project from Janet Crowther and her team at For the Makers. For The Makers delivers DIY tutorials (and materials) to your doorstep via a subscription service, so they know a thing or two about projects that work well every time. This is one I’m definitely going to add to my repertoire, because it would be easy (and affordable) to change out with trends as they come and go. Thanks so much to Janet for sharing this with us! xo, grace


You can sign up to receive the next collection from For The Makers using the code DESIGN20 to receive 20% off your first collection! Sign up by August 4th to receive their next collection featuring marbling tutorials and techniques.


7 4 3 11 12

Click through for the full how-to after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1zvgSzo From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment