Wednesday, April 30, 2014

DIY Project: Brushstroke Upholstered Bench By: Grace Bonney

DIY Brushstroke Bench 1

I love a good bedroom bench. It provides a nice little place to slip on shoes and can even serve as an extra spot to display art and books in a unique way. The only thing I’m crazier about than a bedroom bench is fabric. Any opportunity I have to include more fabric in a room is one I’m taking. Thankfully, the shape of our bedroom (which is actually a lofted attic) demanded that I create a custom piece to fit our non-standard wall sizes. Since I was already building the bench from scratch, I decided why not throw in some hand-painted fabric, too? This project combines the simplest approach to make your own upholstered bench with a modern brushstroke upholstery style that you can easily tackle yourself in a weekend. -Mandy Pellegrin


DIY Brushstroke Bench 5


DIY Brushstroke Bench 6 DIY Brushstroke Bench 7 DIY Brushstroke Bench 8 DIY Brushstroke Bench 11 DIY Brushstroke Bench 2

Click through for the full how-to after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1hSEA1u From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment