Monday, April 28, 2014

A Day In The Life of Elana Frankel of One Kings Lane By: Grace Bonney

ELANAS STAIRS PORTRAIT_265_

Elana Frankel was one of the first names I ever heard in the world of design publishing. My first job in design was working for a small public relations firm in Park Slope and my task was to type and mail press releases. Elana’s name was one of the first I ever typed into a label making document and I thought her name sounded so. I remember hoping I would get to meet her one day, because she had written for all of my favorite magazines, like Architectural Digest, Martha Stewart Living, New York Magazine, House Beautiful, Instyle, Metropolitan Home and The New York Times, among others. Cut to ten years later and Elana is now the Senior Director of Photography and Style at one of my favorite companies and blogs: One Kings Lane.


Whether she’s art directing photo shoots or commuting into Grand Central Station, Elana is always paying attention to design details. I’ve become such a fan of her Instagram feed and the way she shares such great glimpses into the art and design that surrounds her on a daily basis. Today we’re getting a special peek inside her daily life, from time at home (which was originally a church, built in 1844) with hens and a rescue dog to fast-paced work in her One Kings Lane office. Thanks so much to Elana for sharing her day with us and for inspiring a very green 23-year old from Virginia to follow her excitement into the world of design. xo, grace


4 3 2 16 17 15 14 13 12 11

Click through for the full story after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1nVPK6y From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment