Sunday, August 25, 2013

Scattered Herringbone Decal in our Shop + DIY Framed Art From noreply@blogger.com (House of Smiths)

Today's Inspiration comes from guest blogger noreply@blogger.com (House of Smiths) Be sure to check out their blog!
I'm stoked to finally be sharing this new decal that we have in our House of Smiths Design Shop now; the Scattered Herringbone in large and small! Today I'm going to share this super awesome, easy DIY framed art tutorial with you guys, that I made using our small herringbone decals, AND a discount code for our shop...




but first, I have to show you how Jen's wall looks!

We covered an accent wall in her master bedroom with the large scattered herringbone decals, and it turned out so fun! It took about 18 sheets, two different ladders and even Cason's help/height...but we got it done!




If you were following along with us on Instagram, then you know we posted a teaser about working on a project with Jen for her amazing 30 day bedroom makeover a few weeks back, and we couldn't show you our fun decal wall reveal until now, because we had to wait until her bedroom was all finished.

I'm happy to report that Jen won the room makeover contest and I couldn't be happier for her, you gotta go check it out!





Okay, now onto our DIY framed art tutorial.

Large or small, when you order a sheet of the scattered herringbone decal, it will come just like this. In a rectangular shape, with three layers. Backing paper, vinyl and transfer tape. I've left the transfer tape off the gold decal so you can see what it looks like without, but the white has it.




When you get your decal(s), you'll want to trim around it, like in image #1. This will help you to see exactly where your placement will be when you apply everything. I used a large Ribba Ikea frame for my wall art, and it was too small to fit two full decals, so I just cut one of my decals down the middle.

You WILL have to cut straight through the middle of some vinyl, as I'm showing in image #3; don't sweat it! That's what's so great about this design, you can mix up the layout however you want, it's totally random and you WILL have to piece things together, so get creative!



READ THE REST OF THIS POST >>>

No comments:

Post a Comment