Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Clean Oppli front By: Jules Yap




Materials: Oppli, Billy backside, speaker fabric, glue, magnetic catch,



Description: I decided to do something about the looks of my Oppli when I had bought my new reciever. I saw this earlier hack http://www.ikeahackers.net/2010/08/contemporary-concealed-entertainment.html and thought I could do something similar.



I visited Ikea and bought a thin mdf-board from the bargain corner, possibly a backside of a billy. I also bought four black boxes to hide away cables and other stuff.



Together with speaker fabric and magnetic catch I were ready to start hacking.









The width of the mdf-board were just about right so I only had to cut the doors at the right height. In the big one in the middle I cut out a hole and left 2 cm as a frame. With a glue gun I attached the fabric to the doors and fitted the magnetic catch to hold it in place.



I'm quite satisfied with the result, a nice clean front and still be able to see the receiver.



Bonus points for those who can tell the correct number of IKEA items in the picture, I count 18...



Happy hacking!



~ Johannes, Sweden






via IKEA Hackers http://www.ikeahackers.net/2013/08/clean-oppli-front.html From Jules Yap

No comments:

Post a Comment