Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Paper Art by Gunjan Aylawadi By: Grace Bonney

Paper Art by Gunjan Aylawadi


Some of my greatest moments of blogger embarrassment have come from people in my life realizing I’m not the crafty queen they assume I might be. While I feel 100% confident upcycling just about anything, when it comes to tiny craft projects that require extreme manual dexterity, I’m a mess. For that reason I’ve always had such admiration and appreciation for artists and makers who work with tiny delicate things like jewelry and paper. What they’re able to do with such tiny materials and tools that look like tweezers blow my mind. Then yesterday I discovered the incredible paper artist Gunjan Aylawadi when she entered a photo in our Instagram challenge


Based in Sydney, Australia, Gunjan uses a unique technique of paper cutting and curling to create stunning works of art. When I first saw her photos I couldn’t believe they were made from tiny pieces of rolled paper, which is exactly what Gunjan likes so much about her process. “What I enjoy most about making my work is the experience people have when they look at it. They stop for a moment to have a closer look and the moment turns into long minutes of being fascinated by the beauty a simple medium like paper can add to the work in front of their eyes.” I’ve spent the better part of a day flipping through her work in awe, so I hope you’ll enjoy checking it out as much as I did. xo, grace




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1sy9VhK From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment