Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Desk shelf with lighting By: Angelo Mateo

rsz_dsc_0243


Materials: ANSLUTA, Capita, EKBY JÄRPEN, INREDA


I’ve been browsing Ikea Hackers for quite a while now for inspiration. Just recently, I moved into a new apartment and it got me thinking about how to improve my desk set-up. I’m usually very messy with my desk and I wanted more space so that I could organize everything better. I’ve seen a few hacks with elevated shelves for their desk to put audio speakers or their monitor screen. I really loved those hacks, so I went to Ikea to pick up a shelf and CAPITA legs.


dsc_0245 dsc_0248 dsc_0249


While there, I wanted to pick up a new lamp for my desk. Fortunately for me, the INREDA LED light strip was on sale. At that point, the idea went from a simple shelf to one with a library style desk light.


I went home and drilled in the bases of the CAPITA legs. They can’t be secured with screws to your original desk, but I drilled those screws into the underside of the shelf. After that, I installed the strip light on the underside front edge which was also very simple.


All in all, the project cost me around $45.

CAPITA 4 3/8″: $15

INREDA (On sale): $15

EKBY JARPEN: $15







via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/1B3zFRc From Angelo Mateo

No comments:

Post a Comment