Monday, June 30, 2014

Modern, but not cold in New York By: Amy Azzarito

Design*Sponge Sneak Peek

A Peace Treaty is one of my favorite online shops (Caftans, yes please!) – I love their mission of creating employment for artisans around the world. So I jumped at the chance to peek into the Chinatown home of co-founder Dana Arbib. When Dana found the apartment a little over a year ago, she enlisted the help of Lauren Stern Design to assist in making the most of amazing light in this apartment. Because the space was so light and bright, Dana took it as an opportunity to seriously declutter, in order to make her home feel like a mini vacation from the color and patterns that she is surrounded by at work. They created a space that feels modern yet handmade – just like what Dana does with A Peace Treaty. -Amy


Photography by Maxwell Tielman


Image above: “ALL WHITE EVERYTHING,” Dana says. “My cousin Hila is studying fashion in Barcelona and I begged her to go pick up these wall weavings from an artist there named Belen Senra (Ran Ran Designs). She had to bring them to NYC in her suitcase for me. That’s what family is for!”


Design*Sponge Sneak Peek


Image above: “My family is addicted to auctions in Canada where there are a lot of good, cheap antiques available. I purchased this dining table for $300 at an auction there and a father/son team drove it all the way to NYC! It weighs 1,000 pounds but I love it.”


3DAna 6Dana 5Dana 7Dana 9Dana 12Dana 11Dana 8Dana 10Dana

handwriting

See more of this New York home after the jump!

(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/TwCgUM From Amy Azzarito

No comments:

Post a Comment