Wednesday, May 28, 2014

DIY Project: Upgraded Ikea Kitchenette By: Grace Bonney

ProjectKitchenette_01

When it comes to my studio, my goal has always been to make it feel cozy, like home. I thoroughly enjoy whipping up eggs for lunch in my fully stocked home kitchen, but when my husband and I looked into creating a similar space in my studio, we quickly learned that moving pipes and electrical weren’t an option. Much like my DIY entryway peg wall project, I envisioned something grand but needed to modify that vision to fit my budget. So, we created this kitchenette: a finished wall space that we built out to house a small refrigerator, toaster oven, display dishware, store flatware and linens, hide trash and contain snacks. It would act as the gathering place that connects the entryway to work space.


My office space is industrial, bright and airy, so a mix of found and custom-made—wood topped white cabinetry seemed like the perfect way to tie it all together. We used Ikea base cabinets and counter top and crafted an open shelving cabinet to store dishware and kitchen accessories. We worked with our friends, Colleen and Kevin Kmetz, to draft and finalize the plan and fabricate the open-shelving unit. Lucky for me, they have a knack for creating custom cabinetry. To see how we pulled it all together (and how you can, too) click through to the rest of the post! -Christine Wisnieski


ProjectKitchenette_02 Diagram ProjectKitchenette_04 ProjectKitchenette_03 ProjectKitchenette_05

Click through for the full how-to after the jump!


(more…)




















via Design*Sponge http://ift.tt/1mFOu7V From Grace Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment