Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Modern Expedit to Vintage Printer’s Cabinet By: Naomi C

SONY DSC


I love the look of those vintage printers drawer units. But, who actually has a bunch of flat things to store?! I already had a couple Expedit units in white and decided “what better way to break in my new miter saw but an Ikea hack on these buggers?!”


SONY DSC SONY DSC


How:


I framed out the Expedit units with 1×3′s adding an additional 1×4 on the bottom to help make the measurements fit better.


I made 14 cuts of 1x4s and attached them together with a 1×2 strips on the back side to create the look of drawers, but actually creating a large door.


I attached the door to the framed out Expedit units


PAINT


I used cup pulls on each of the slats of 1x4s to add to the look of many drawers


TaDa!


See more of the Expedit printer’s cabinet.







via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/1g7nYSn From Naomi C

No comments:

Post a Comment