Friday, January 31, 2014

Lack TV bench turned into a desk By: Sarah

9


I needed a desk that looks like a Malm, but with a depth less than 60cm (Malm is 65cm).


So I thought to buy a Lack TV bench (depth: 55cm), that has 2 shelves, and I cut in 2 pieces the second shelf, to transform it into the legs of the desk.


1

2

5

6

8


I removed the 2 central thin pieces of chipboard wood and inserted and glued 2 pieces of solid wood, pushing the cardboard inside the legs.


I made the same hole of the two lateral pieces, using 8mm drill bit for 4cm of depth on the top of the legs, and a 15mm bit on the side for about 3cm (until I reached the other hole).


Then I used the cam lock and the screws in the package and the work is done!


It’s pretty stable, but I suggest you do not put too much weight on it, unless you add some brackets to stabilize it a little more!


Enjoy!







via IKEA Hackers http://ift.tt/1iT9VTg From Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment