Thursday, December 5, 2013

Mydal Bunk Bed frame into two beds By: William Kapes

My two daughters had finally gotten tired of sleeping in the same room and rather than buy another bed, I modified the Mydal bunk bed they were using. I cut the legs three inches down from the top bed frame resulting in two beds. The top bunk became a low bed with a nice enclosed sleeping space for my two year old daughter. For the lower bunk I left the long supports sticking up and added a 2×2 frame to the top resulting in a Kura-like appearance. I even added the Kura bed tent to complete the look.


IMG_0008 (800x600) IMG_0181 (800x600) IMG_0179 (800x600)


Note: I did this all while the bed was still fully assembled. I highly recommend taking it apart, cutting the legs and putting it back together again.







via IKEA Hackers http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Ikeahacker/~3/-YsQLV_OpNM/mydal-bunk-bed-frame-into-two-beds.html From William Kapes

No comments:

Post a Comment